Legal/Financial/Emotional/Psychological questions

Open forum to discuss sperm donation matters with others
blueeyeblond
Sex: Male
I am: I am a sperm donor

Legal/Financial/Emotional/Psychological questions

Post by blueeyeblond » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Dear all,

I'm a 44 year old male who's been asked by a friend to be her sperm donor. When she brought it up I immediately felt a desire to help her but I am ignorant on this topic from many perspectives and would be very interested in a discussion or other resources regarding donation.

My feeling is that the legal and financial sides of this process should be mostly straightforward. My friend and I plan to remain friends but I will not be a parent actively as I live in another country. I will renouce parental rights and the financial burden will be on her solely. I will remain in the picture and will be a part of their lives, although a limited one.

What I am more interested in discussing are the emotional and psychological aspects of donating to a friend and finding a good pathway to remain partially in the picture, assist in helping the child grow up healthy, but without compromising my own life and lifestyle.

Anyone with experiences, lessons learned, or tips on other resources, please get in touch!

AI_donor_nynj
Sex: Male
I am: I am a sperm donor

Re: Legal/Financial/Emotional/Psychological questions

Post by AI_donor_nynj » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:52 am

"the legal and financial sides of this process should be mostly straightforward" - until and unless you have discussed with your lawyer, familiar with family law in BOTH your and her jurisdictions, they are anything but straightforward. For example, in US, Colorado a court made a man pay child support ignoring documents that you mentioned - basically, these contracts are not enforceable in at least some jurisdictions. And "remaining part of the picture" actually makes you and almost guaranteed child support loser in almost any jurisdiction.
Free AI successful sperm donor in NY/NJ. Email sp.dnr4u AT gmail DOT com